Thursday, July 4, 2013

Are you ready??

Hey guys!
Happy 4th of July!!<3 And a very special thank you to our troops past and present who fight everyday for our freedom and to keep us safe!

So first things first... I'm super duper excited about my 1st YouTube video based on this blog. The two are going to go hand in hand and be just about linked. When I new video is uploaded I will share it to here so all of you can see and view it easily. This was SO spur the moment! I literally took a shower, got into my pjs(just did my make-up), set a stack of books on my bed and filmed it on YouTube capture with my iPhone! The way I see it is if I didn't get the first one up and out of the way ( no matter how long, boring, low quality or babbly it was... I was never going to. It's like you're first work out might be when starting this new change in your life - you might not give it all you've got and it might seem boring to you.. But once you get into the swing of things nothing will be able to stop you!
Side note: I hope you guys enjoy anyways (: 

Tomorrow I will be getting up bright-eyed and bushy tailed and proceeding to get ready, cash my check, go pick up my friend Lauren from work and go get the bare necessities to REALLY kick off the process. I'll be shopping at whole foods for the best things I can get on a budget. Now going back to the money saving tips - after this I will be spending the rest of my evening writing out meal plans for the next two weeks to help me stay on budget AND on track (both things are super key right now - and always for that matter). Hopefully I will get some of the meal plans/ideas up for you guys in the next few days (after I try them) so you guys can try them too! 
Although I already know I am gluten sensitive, before today I would actually "cheat" at times either because I really wanted something or because there just wasn't anything else. Well, my gluten eating days are officially OVER - FOR GOOD! Gluten already makes me sick but even to people who don't have a sensitivity to wheat it is so damaging to you're body (and mind)! Luckily, I already cut out sodas and carbonated drinks in general because they make me sick. Glad I don't have to worry about that... But you should try cutting sodas out of your diet now (not necessarily all carbonated beverages). COFFEE! COFFEE! COFFEE! Oh, how I used to be addicted to coffee.. But that doesn't make me feel well either so I stopped drinking that. Coffee can cause you to feel "laggy" or fatigued even more than before you drank it and can cause many other health issues. I personally am making the big switch to TEA! 
Another change I will be making has SO much to do with the portions, types of food I'll be consuming and trying new things. I'm going to try spinach again! (YUCK! LOL) I am also going to be opening my mind and trying new textures (which freaks me out tremendously), flavors and foods in general! Making the switch from lactaid milk to almond or coconut milk. Making the official switch from normal oils to coconut oil (EVOO will be okay for certain things). I'm also going to be eating 5-6 times a day as opposed to 3 times a day, or worse...1. Eating the right foods to keep my body going in the right direction with enough energy! I won't be starving myself by any means but instead changing the foods I would normally eat for something way different and honestly more satisfying!

A few new gadgets I will be investing in are:

  • A kettle bell
  • A stability ball
  • A jump rope
  • Some 15 or 20 pound weight
  • Yoga Mat
These will be for training at home in the morning or early evening (before I  get ready for work or when I get home - or both)

I will be posting workouts and recipes as well as tips, tricks, advice, support, motivation and MORE as we continue(:

As always,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment