Sunday, July 14, 2013

Abercrombie RANT & my top clothing store picks!

I remember saying in a previous post that I had heard about the head guy of a store like Hollister saying that he only wants cool, attractive people in the stores clothes. He also said that they don't make plus sizes because plus size=fat="un-cool".
 I finally found the picture & quote from the CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch, Mr. Michael Jeffries (Google him). 
The fact that he can say that Abercrombie and Fitch doesn't carry over a size 10 because anyone over a size 10 doesn't belong in their clothes, is extremely BALLSY! The picture above him is a real picture of him with the quote he said when asked the question. He also has the audacity to say that Abercrombie & Fitch is "exclusionary". As far as I'm concerned they can be as exclusionary as they want... How many stars and celebrities do you see wearing Abercrombie and Fitch? NONE. Looks like they're pretty exclusionary too. Even if I ever was thin enough to fit into these clothes, I wouldn't ever wear them after hearing this reply. I have much more respect for the companies that cater to ALL sizes and making sure that they provide a pretty decent variety of trendy, stylish and flattering clothing for everyone. 

I've done a little research by looking on different websites of common stores and finding out what companies offer plus sizes, even if they have to be ordered online.

THUMBS UP!
American Eagle: I was super surprised about this one but I have to say a good job to American Eagle for this one! Women's shirts go up to a size XXL and pants/shorts go up to a size 18!
Old Navy: I've known about this for quite some time because quite a few of my clothes actually come from here but they have an exclusive "Women's Plus" section on their website that has sizes ranging from 18-30!
Forever 21: Not really a surprise here, this store has been pretty great straight from the get-go as far as sizes & pricing! Online has a special tab for women's plus with shirts up to a size 3X, pants up to a size 20 & even boots (with a wide calf option) up to size 12!
H&M: Not sure about in-stores, but the online site has an H&M Plus section. Not a huge variety as of the moment, but it passes for me still giving options up to size 24. They have great options for business casual tops as well.
Alloy: A completely new find for me, but looks like it's going to turn into a favorite real soon! Great clothes and great size variety - One shirt I looked at went from a size XS to a size XXXL, WOW!
B&Lu.com: Another new find here - seems to have a decent variety of clothing which happens to be stylish and trendy. They cater to sizes anywhere from 12-30! 
Ashley Stewart: Feel like I'm repeating myself.... But here's another new find! Turns out the closest one to me is almost 2 hours away which is probably why I haven't found it yet, but the online store looks like it has super cute and super sassy clothes for any occasion! They have sizes 12-26 and all of their clothes online are modeled on proper plus size models... Love it!
Lane Bryant & Torrid: Not necessarily catering to all sizes but definitely catering to my bigger ladies out there! Two completely different stores with completely different styles. I happen to absolutely LOVE both stores! The prices are not the greatest but your definitely paying for quality either way here! If you haven't already - you've gotta check these out!

THUMBS DOWN!
Wet Seal has a Jr.Plus section to their website which is said to be available in select stores right now... I just don't feel as though it's a great selection. This one's gonna be a thumbs down for me... Although I did get a pair of killer heels there one time!
Hollister didn't make the cut and is currently right up there with Abercrombie & Fitch in my mind.  Hollister only has up to the following sizes for: Women - Shirts: L ; Bras: 36(D) ; Bottoms: 9!
Men - Shirts: XXL and Pants: 36x34
Clearly I'm more impressed with the Men's sizes here, but it doesn't take away from the fact that girls are given an image that they should be looking like the anorexic runway models... Get f****** real here.....
Urban Outfitters: Just another disappointment when it comes to a variety of sizes...

You will get to your goal weight eventually... But as I always say it WILL NOT happen overnight. So while you're transforming definitely check out some of my thumbs up shops!<3

So I hope you enjoyed this & I truly hope it helps you out some, because I know that aside from shoe shopping, clothes shopping is probably my least favorite thing to do!
Let me know how you liked it and also what your opinions on any of these stores are if you've ever been to them! 
If you have any other stores that you like and I haven't listed... Help a girl out & post it in the comments below(:

As always,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Old Navy can suck my A**. I am glad they are out of Sturbridge. I went in there many times...and the last one was when the manager told me that if I wanted "plus" sizes, basically over a 38 waist, I could order online. I let him know what I thought of that, and never bought from them again. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete