Thursday, August 1, 2013

Recipe Time; [GLUTEN FREE] Chicken Stir Fry in 5 Easy Steps!

Hello there everyone! Tonight I made a delicious, healthy and most importantly satisfying dinner for my grandmother and I. I had Chicken Stir Fry over rice with a cucumber and tomato salad.
Here is a picture of my delicious masterpiece before I absolutely devoured every last piece!
I know that this looks super easy to make, but that's only because it is and I want to let you know how you can re-create this!

Ingredients
Rice
1 cup Organic California White Jasmine Rice
1 1/2 cups Water
1 Tbsp Spray Butter 
1 tsp Goya Adobo Seasoning 
1/2 pkt Goya Sazon Seasoning
Stir Fry
1 pkg Fresh Chicken Strips
6-8 Snap Peas
1/4 Red Onion Roughly Sliced
1/3 Green Pepper Thinly Sliced
1/3 Red Pepper Thinly Sliced
4-5 Broccoli Florets
                                                                                    1 tsp Adobo Seasoning
                                                                                    1 tsp Chili Powder
                                                                                    1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper 
                                                                                    ~2 Tbsp Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
                                                                                    1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. When making this dish I began by cooking the rice which just consisted of added all of the ingredients into a small pot and bringing it all to a boil on high heat. After the mixture has come to a full boil, give it a good stir, top it with a tight fitting lid, turn the heat down to low and allow it to simmer for about 15 minutes. 
*Rice can be very tricky to cook and is often a hit or miss even for me and I've been doing it for years! To help make the rice a hit you must remember to stir frequently to avoid sticking, burning, etc.*
2. As the rice was cooking I added 1 Tbsp of the cocunut oil to a large non stick skillet and allowed it to met on medium-high heat; Once the oil was completely melted and the pan was hot I added in my fresh chicken strips, Adobo, chili powder and black pepper. Tossing the chicken strips every few minutes allowed them to get evenly coated with seasoning as well as evenly cooked. Remember - these chicken strips are thin and will only take about 8-10 minutes to cook depending on the temperature of your stove. 
I then removed the chicken from the pan and placed it in a bowl on the side. 
*Stir Rice*
3. Then, I added another 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil to the pan and allowed it to melt. When the oil was just about melted I added in my snap peas, green pepper, red pepper, broccoli, red onion and additional Adobo, pepper and/or chili powder to taste (optional). Tossing the veggies every 1-2 minute or so *Stir Rice* and after about 6 minutes of cooking I added in the Tamari. 
*Stir Rice*
4. After adding the Tamari I tossed the veggies again and covered the mixture and allowed it to cook for approx. 2 minutes. 
*Stir Rice*
5. Lastly, I added the chicken we cooked earlier back into the stir-fry mix, toss and allow to cook and combine for 5 additional minutes.
*Stir Rice - Remeber that if at any point you stir your rice and it appears and tastes to be done - TURN IT OFF! Lol*
Plate 3/4 cup of rice in a slight bowl-like pattern and put 1/4 of the stir-fry mix on top. Top with additional sprinkling of Tamari if desired.

The only other thing I did while everything else was slam bammin' on the stop was cut up 2 mini cucumbers thinly and on the bias, as well as 5 Cherub Cherry Tomatoes(cut in half) and topped with a dash of salt and pepper and a drizzle of my favorite Nature's Promise Organic Italian dressing. (OPTIONAL)

It may seem like a lot of steps and a lot of work when written out this way, but honestly this dish only took me about 30 minutes from fridge to table! It was super delicious, fulfilling and best of all... Healthy (aside from the Salt content, which I do not recommend for anyone with cardiac problems or any one on a low-salt/cardiac diet for any reason - if you would like lower sodium alternatives please leave a comment below and I will be sure to get back to you!)

Please try this recipe, I promise you won't regret it :)

As always,
xoxo


* Many of you may, or may not know but I am gluten sensitive so any Recipe I post will be completely gluten-free unless specified
**These are just the ingredients, seasonings and methods I used to make this dish - The possibilities are endless! Try out you're own version by adding in or taking out certain things.

Let me know what you think in the comments below and let me know if there any recipes(gluten-free) you'd like to see, learn how to make, or find a different/healthier twist on!

As always please follow this blog to stay updated on my posts and join The W8 Loss Journey<3





1 comment:

  1. I will share this recipe because I want to be healthy with my family. Thanks for sharing this and I hope that you will share a lot of recipe on your blog like stir fried chicken that was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete